Last spring, I posted the following:

>I have been having e-mail to several Gmail users. I wonder whether
>other folks have been having this problem and whether anyone knows
>what can be done about this?

>Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

I did not put a lot of energy in pursuing this issue as, oddly
enough, I do not need to respond to Gmail users very often, and could
resend the reply from my wife's account* fairly easily.

The other day I noticed the following:

When I reply (usually via f4), the reply is addressed to, for example:

Mortimer Snerd <msn...@gmail.com>

That will always bounce. However, if I change the reply addressee to

<msn...@gmail.com>

the e-mail message will travel smoothly to its destination.

(apologies if there really is a Gmail user with the name of Mortimer
Snerd)

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

*It is a further mystery why the same e-mail message from my account
bounces, but does not bounce when I send it from my wife's account.

Thanks.

--
Leonard S. Berkowitz

Using The Bat! v5.0.20.1 on Windows Vista 6.0 Build 6002 Service Pack 2