> I know about the basic concepts of IMAP, but was hoping for TB to use
> the cache while I am offline and do the deleting of the mails later,
> when connected.

> Is there a setting to make this possible, maybe?

If you don't have a permanent Internet connection you can forget IMAP with v5.
I  mentioned this on the Beta list a long time ago, nothing changed. I can only
recommend going back to v4.

It's not just deleting: You can remove flags, but suddenly they reappear. If
you use a remote outbox you can't even save messages. It's ridiculous.

BRgds,
Carsten