Roelof:
> I  don't  know  what  more you expect, but as moderator of this list
> I strongly suggest that you keep from personal attacks.

It wasn't a personal attack - I don't know Marek. In my opinion a
personal attack can encounter if you know someone and desperately
disagree with him or her OR one is just trolling. When you say "keep
from personal attacks" you choose to not see the hidden values of what
was a rhetoric question.

I find Geoff Lane's two postings on the matter to be exactly spot on.
What he says is quite simply the answer to the question I fired off,
though I might feel a bit differently about the following:

Geoff:
> Personally, I think that "St - Musaic.Net" was doint Ritlabs a favour
> by making his post, as that should alert them to the issue of poor
> customer service and permit them to do something about it.

Whether the support from RitLabs is poor or not, I don't know. But I
would like to make clear that I have nothing against anyone on this
list. I am not even involved enough to say I am usually disagreeing with
this or that person. But I see that some are willing to help more often.
Hence, there is no reason for me to strike an attack at anyone. BUT:
I feel it is a mistake to post as [Language/Country] "support of The
Bat!" without making it clear it is indeed - I quote Marek: "*not*
official customer service but user2user forum".

Can you imagine unofficial people standing outside the Apple stand at
Hannover Exhibition 2012 and present themselves as being "support of"
[insert product]. Apple would have these people removed - simply! I hear
you say " - But TheBat! or Ritlabs is not Apple!". Excactly! And my
point is NOT whether someone should be removed/banned/etc. That's far
off from what I mean! What I am trying to say is it IS that much more
difficult to catch that [Language/Country] "support of The Bat!" for NOT
being official when RitLabs is not objecting to the use of [Language/
Country] "support of The Bat!". What do RitLabs conveniently allow for
and agree with? I'd call that Semi-Official, at least. I think it comes
down to it doesn't mean what you say, but what people understand.

Marek:
> well, it is really frustrating to see, how thankful users are, if
> somebody reply them on sunday's night [snip] it is my leisure time I
> am spending here.

I don't think people are unthankful per se! But can you see that IF you
appear as "Czech support of The Bat!" with even the companion web site
http://www.thebat.cz in your signature - can you see that people are not
seeing this as being "leisure time"?

With that in mind, Geoff's view regarding ""no" as blunt and a bit of a
put-down" is exactly my point. And Geoff followed up with:

Geoff:
> Perhaps [you could have written] something along the lines of,
> "Because of the way TB! handles headers, what you want is not
> possible." might have been better, but a blunt, "no" is at best terse
> IMO and possibly rude.

I fully agree to this - it's the essence of my rhetoric question: "Do I
find such an answer a bit arrogant and "so what'ish" with regards to
Bill's challenge?" and paired with "Czech support of The Bat!".

--
St - Musaic.Net <mailto:listen2rea...@musaic.net>