Hi Marck,

Sunday, July 8, 2012, 6:16:59 PM, you wrote:

A>> I tried to place   "%ABtoHANDLE" <%TOADDR>  in the "to" field, but that
A>> yielded an error message:

MP> Yes - these are *template* macros. The clue here is the word
MP> "template", meaning they can only be correctly interpreted when used
MP> in a template. I don't mean to patronize - just trying to help.

First, thank you very much.  After experimenting with a test group of
test contacts, I finally figured out how to set this up.  Once you
explained that I could not use the template macro in a regular message
and only within a template, it was easier for me to get this to work.
This may be elementary, but if one doesn't regularly use macros and
templates....

Now, I have another related problem: You wrote that I need to create
the entire message as a "Mass Mailing Template." Yet, I want the
message to have as its body the salutation, followed by an image that
is an invitation that I created in MS Publisher and saved as a jpeg
file. In a regular message, I can just copy and paste, so long as I
have the regular message set to HTML and not plain text. How do I
insert my jpeg invitation into the body of the mass mailing, so that
when the message is opened by the recipient, the recipient sees the
image of the invitation?

Secondly, how do I request reading and/or delivery confirmation with
a mass mailing?

Avi

Avram Sacks
Using The Bat ver. 4.0.18 on Win XP Pro sp3