Hello Rick,

On Thursday, October 04, 2012 you wrote:

>> Greetings All,

>> A friend sent me an email which was supposed to contain a bunch of pictures,
>> none of which showed up when viewing the email in the VIEW→WINDOW SPLIT
>> MODE→FULL-WIDTH PREVIEW PANE. The left column in this view mode shows the
>> icons
>> for the pictures which were a few GIFs but most were just labeled
>> "ATT0000x~1KB"
>> where x was a number from 1 to 15. The KB size was different for each
>> picture,
>> varying from less than 1KB to more than 31KB. The only icons which had
>> extensions were the GIFs (.gif). Clicking on a tab at the bottom of the
>> window
>> would reveal each picture individually. However, when I clicked on REPLY and
>> the
>> reply window opened, all the pictures were suddenly viewable in the reply
>> window.

>> Anyone have any ideas as to why this would work this way?

R> Not specifically, but I often get graphics with the extension stripped
R> but  the  Bat  can  read  them  correctly.  That is a problem with the
R> sender's system settings or email provider, not with the Bat. Actually
R> the Bat does an excellent job of interpreting these.

R> If  all  else fails, detach and add the ending JPG of GIF and see what
R> you get.

You were right Rick. Saving one of these to my desktop and renaming it so that
it had a .jpg extension made it viewable in Zoner Picture Studio (my viewer of
choice). Without the extension caused Windows to question what program it should
use to open the file.

But, why should TB! be unable to display them *except* in the reply window?

Curiouser and curiouser.

--
Best Regards,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 5.2.
Running Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3