> I would like to automate this in my templates depending if I am replying
> to a plain text or HTML message. I have looked and looked at the
> complete list of macros included in Help (probably not up of to date)
> and I have not found any way of detecting the format of the original
> message I am replying to. Is there such a possibility?

How about using the Sorting Office to put a flag into the Memo field for
incoming messages, then in the reply template looking for that flag and
setting the editor to use accordingly?

Here's a test filter that I created, using an incoming message that I knew
to have an HTML version:

        $$$$ TB! Message Filter $$$$
        beginFilter
        UID: [1F1F302F.01CDA2F8.0A0E2EBE.705965BA]
        Name: TagHTML
        Filter: {\0D\0A\20`6`0`<html>\0D\0A}
        SetMemo Text IS_HTML
        IsContinue
        IsActive
        Ignore
        endFilter

That's in Common Filters, Read messages for testing, but could be put as
the very first filter in the Incoming group. Then in your reply template,
use the macro to test the Memo field for "IS_HTML" and that should do it...

Of course, if you already use the Memo field for something else this would
not work. I don't use it at all here, so it's just another feature being
ignored...

Something similar might be possible using Groups or Colors, also.

Jim                            mailto:j...@jimkyle.com

Using The Bat! v4.2.36.4 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600
Service Pack 3 on VirtualBox 3.2.12 under Xubuntu 10.04.2 with
AntiSpamSniper Version 3.2.4.5