>> Strangely enough, it doesn't indicate any email address for forwarding
>> the message. Do they want it? Do they care? How hard am I supposed to
>> research where to send it??

> From the shores of this list and other TB-related lists I would say
> Ritlabs is pretty non-interested in bug issues. It seems the focus is on
> developing, not fixing - go figure.

Agreed...
-  having  a  problem with proper detection of e-mails coding (happens
only  in  TB!)  ;  well,  e-mail  is  properly  detected but displayed
encoding  is not (need to manually click on something else and back on
the encoding that was selected by TB! to have it properly displayed).
Reported  to  developers  long  before  previous Bug Tracker crashed ;
developers were provided with sample e-mail and nothing happened.

-  (for  instance)  Allegro.pl  newsletter  e-mails (have mini photos)
freezes  my computer for 10-15s (OC 1090T (6 cores)) ; TB! takes up to
25-35% of CPU and to display that message memory usage jumps from 80MB
to 135-140MB,

-  After  over  a  year (soon is going to be 2 years) TB! is still not
properly showing messages that have Traditional and Simplified Chinese
in the same message (one of them is garbage),

-  Voyager  sync issues (software is to be written so a average person
can  use  use  ;  if  you  need a knowledge of the software to sync it
properly  and  there  are no proper messages from the application that
causes  sync to fail and you need to spend time to find out a way it's
wrong). After 24 years with computers I do not find problem to use any
software  but Voyager did make me to give up (did sync properly twice,
the  third  there  was  no  sync).
BTW, idea of the need for USB stick over twice as big as your database
is a wrong approach (my database is at the moment 9GB so only 32GB USB
stick  can hold it ; if smaller used there is no client message but it
just freeze in the middle of the process)...

- and many others...

> I'd say that unless a feature is annoyingly broken and a lot of people
> is yelling at Ritlabs (remember IMAP support?) an error can go unfixed
> for years. And if it hasn't been fixed by then it will never be fixed.

Yep.
Funny is that when I did use TB! for a first time it was version 4 and
I  was  a  student (no money to spare but quite content with TB!4 :)).
The  impression  got  me  back to Ritlab and after I started working I
decided to move from Thunderbird to TB! and finally I bought a license
but for 99% that would be all for me...

As  W8 got on the market (that I do not plan to use) I do check at the
moment   Linux   distributions and it's likely to be end of my journey
with  Ritlab  (within  next  4-6  month).  Personally I do not see the
reason why to struggle with Wine under Linux to stick to TB!.

Pity that due to policy of Ritlab of implementing new features but not
giving  a  ***  about  old  bugs  (unless as mentioned many people are
yelling  at  them)  they  did  loose a customer that was telling other
people  that  TB!  is  great  (since  I was using TB!4) and than after
the  license  was  bough  and TB!5 was used for a month ; the customer
started  to speak out a bit less (now is keeping his mouth shut and if
asked  about  TB!  says: it's quite good but has a lot of bugs and you
get it installed only on your responsibility (I'm not to be blamed).

I do like the program but I'm tired of:
-  manual  switching of coding ; paste-copy operations if replaying to
Traditional/Simplified  Chinese e-mails (need manually replace garbage
parts),
- freezing computer if e-mail have more photos than average,
-  the fact that TBK is not storing all preferences and user-decisions
(ex:  icon  size  or some other interface changes ; approved web-pages
for images download ; ....),
- the fact that AutoBackup kicks in twice a week despite that it's not
selected  in  options  (I  did  use it before but wanted to stop ; the
autobackup  information  must be stored in TBK file and everytime I do
recover from TBK it kicks in ; no way to turn it off),

- the failure of Voyager OR if to call it  politely not-average-person
user-friendly (and IMO illogical) sync  scheme (so I can't install TB!
on  my desktop and use Voyager while traveling (average of 4-5 month a
year).

--
Best Regards,
RS (FEDARA)

The Bat! 5.3.4
Windows 7 x64 Professional (7601 Service Pack 1)
POP3 accounts (x5)

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 (12:59 ; GMT+8)