MAU:

> Hello Luca,
> > I've already done that, the addresses tab is empty, after a "add a record to
> > the don't track list" operation. No way to get rid of these addresses.
> > Maybe,
> > if I discover which file does TB store them in...
>
> When you say "address history", are you referring to the addresses that
> appear in the drop down list of the To (or Cc or BBC) field of the
> Editor.

Yes.

> If so, open your Editor and place cursor in To field. Then click on the
> double down arrow on the right side of the field, which should open the
> drop down list. Then, and this is important, hit the down arrow on your
> keyboard which will move focus to the first item of the list. Then,
> either start hitting Delete on your keyboard, which will delete one
> entry at a time, or or use the down/up keys to navigate to the entries
> you want to delete.

That doesn't work either. The address seem to disappear when I hit del, and if
I reopen the drop down list it seems to be gone. But if I type some letters of
the address I just deleted, in the To field, it pops up again (but happy
ending later, read ahead)

> If you are not referring to the above history, check your
> Options->Preferences->Address History and, at the bottom, select Limit
> history by 0 days and Purge exceeding entries from history on exit.

Done that too, anyway. No effect.

> That's all I can suggest.
>
> Not really. If you want to be more 'expeditious', there is an
> ACCOUNT.HIS file per account in your hard disk. Exit TB, locate the file
> and delete it (or, to be safe, rename it) and open TB  again. On next
> exit it will create an empty .HIS file.

It's there! Thank you! I edited the file with an hex editor and I vaporized
the goddam zombie. It was gone, I doublechecked, then I got rid of the whole
file, for best security.

> But beware, the ACCOUNT.HIS file includes several histories. That I know
> of (just found out by looking at mine): Folder history, Messagefinder
> (MSGFINDERANYPART, MSGFINDERHEASDER, MSGFINDERRECIPIENT,
> MSGFINDERSENDER, MSGFINDERSUBJECT, MSGFINDERTEXT), SEARCHTEXT and TO
> History (if I haven't missed any). So, if you delete the file, your will
> loose ALL histories.

Fair trade. Nobody deserves to be haunted for a lifetime by one single typo,
when you had the misfortune to misspell an address, and now you risk to send
mail to the same wrong address everytime you write to the same person. If I
couln't find a solution I was about to reinstall TB from scratch.

Thank you, really. A lot.

Luca - e-mail: p.stevens at linuxfan.it