Hi

On Sunday 20 October 2013 at 3:39:32 PM, in
<mid:1676996263.20131020153...@greenandgrass.co.uk>, Forums wrote:

> Hello MFPA,

> Sunday, October 20, 2013, 3:15:50 PM, you wrote:

M>> Hi

M>> On Saturday 19 October 2013 at 3:27:31 PM, in
M>> <mid:486540926.20131019152...@greenandgrass.co.uk>,
M>> Forums wrote:

>>> I got fed up with Vista and decided to install Win
>>> 8/64 instead and haven't got around to trying to
>>> connect to TB but suspect it won't connect with out
>>> installing TB which I don't want purchase another.

M>> Two suggestions.

M>> 1. Windows's "remote assistance" feature would quite
M>> possibly remote    allow you to log-on to your PC
M>> from your laptop. Then you could     just operate
M>> your existing installation of The Bat! as if you were
M>> actually sat at your PC.

M>> 2. At least in version 4, the Bat!'s license allows
M>> you "to use the     program on one computer at a
M>> time." It says nothing about on how     many machines
M>> you may install TB!. So (at least by my non-lawyer
M>> interpretation) a single licence covers you to run
M>> TB! on your     laptop as well as on your PC, so long
M>> as both copies are not     running at the same time.
M>> And if both copies are using the same
M>> messagebase on your PC, it would be inadvisable to
M>> try running the     two simultaneously as you may
M>> lose messages.

> Thanks - I will have a play around with that. By the
> way, I am using 5.8.2 of TB so don't know if that makes
> any difference

For Windows remote assistance feature, TB! version makes no
difference.

For TB! on your laptop and your PC to be covered by the same licence
as long as you don't use both copies at the same time, that was
definitely true for v4. It is possible they changed the wording of the
licence for version 5. For up-to-date wording, check the licence.txt
(or similar name) file you will find in your The Bat! program folder
or possibly your The Bat! mail folder - or it may be on the RITlabs
website. Either way, you can do it for a 30-day trial at least.

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2...@ymail.com

A bird in the hand makes it awfully hard to blow your nose

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3