> Hello Chris,

> On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 21:07:46 -0400 GMT (01-Nov-13, 08:07 +0700 GMT),
> Rick wrote:

>> Current version is 5.2.2 | 'Using TBUDL' information:

> Current version is actually 5.8.8. Please upgrade and see whether the
> problem persists.

> What Windows version are you using?

I am, and was, using 5.8.8, I am not sure why TB! is not adding the
correct version designator, I'll have a poke about. Windows is XP Pro
with all updates. You may have missed my reply to myself, but I fixed
it, although I still see a minor problem / glitch. hers is what I
wrote yesterday. Thanks for the reply Thomas.

In the hope it may help others here is the fix I found, with very
welcome support from Rick here. Thanks Rick!

Renaming TBUSER.DEF made no difference at all, and I checked there was
only one copy of that file on my whole machine. This seemed very odd.
TB! opened with no apparent changes anywhere at all, and the problems
remained. RITLABS support also suggested renaming the RIT folder in
the registry.

Renaming and recreating the RIT folder didn't fix it either, I'd tried
this earlier, and all it did was make me re enter my registration
code. The problems remained... :(

What DID fix it was renaming the CONFIG.CDB folder and letting TB!
recreate it. I had to set up View Modes again from scratch, but the
two From: entries that were un-deletable, the un-deletable two View
Modes, and the frozen Tabs were all fixed at the same time by this.

Is 5.8.8 actually using TBUSER.DEF, as renaming it and re launching
TB! showed no changes whatsoever? Even a PC reboot made no difference.
TB! didn't attempt to recreate a new TBUSER.DEF, either. Thanks. I
would like to know if 5.8.8 and onwards do still use TBUSER.DEF?

Hoping this may help someone with similar problems.