My  pc's  shutdown  process  generated  an "End Program" pop up notice
headlined,  "End  Program  -  thebat" that stated "This program is not
responding." My choices are to either "end now" or "cancel."

The  Bat  was  closed  so I looked at the processes running under Task
Manager and saw that thebat.exe was running.  IIRC, it was 284k.   So,
I  reopened  and  closed The Bat, and the same thing happened.  Now, I
can  just  end  the  process,  but  why  is  a  process running in the
background  when  The Bat is closed?   Perhaps this is somehow related
to  the  stream  write  error  message  problem  that  has  never been
resolved? (See my earlier post from Dec 2)

Bottom  line  question, though, is, why would a process be running for
The  Bat  after  having  closed the application?   Note, this does not
always happen.

--
Avi

Avram Sacks, using The Bat! ver. 5.8.2 on WinXP sp3