Hello TBUDL@thebat.,

LSB> Even though, within TheBat, a daily backup occurs, the backup file,
LSB> C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\TheBat!\Autobackup.tbk\ is not being
LSB> copied to my external backup device (a memory stick) at all. My system
LSB> backup procedure has multiple tasks defined for every directory
LSB> (folder) that I want to backup, including a task for the directory
LSB> (folder) that contains Autobackup.TBK. Whew! That is a mouthful.

LSB> Note that this backup file is located in TheBat! directory and not in
LSB> the TheBat!\Backup directory. The TheBat!\Backup folder is, in fact,
LSB> empty.

LSB> Note also that in the TheBat! directory there is a series of files,
LSB> Autobackup.$1, .$2, .$3, .$4 and $.5, each one larger than the
LSB> previous one and each one with a later creation date starting in
LSB> October, 2012 when I have work done on the computer through November,
LSB> 2013.

LSB> As far as I can tell, the backup for TheBat is:

LSB> --Standard
LSB> --No file name entered in the window for Backupfile

LSB> So, while TheBat is being backed-up at one level, the backup is
LSB> unprotected insofar as it is not copied to an external medium in the same
LSB> way that all of my personal files are backed up. The task to backup
LSB> TheBat! runs every night, but does not copy Autobackup.TBK to the
LSB> external medium.

LSB> My question is: why does my backup task not recognize that
LSB> Autobackup.TBK is newer than the one on the backup medium. After all,
LSB> it is recreated every night.

LSB> (Once I solve this problem, I will probably come back to the list to
LSB> ask for advice about the relative merit of Standard or Incremental
LSB> backup.)

LSB> Thanks for you patience in reading this long note.

LSB> Leonard

I gave up on automatic backup of The Bat and use manual backup to the
file that I nominate in My Documents. So my automatic backup of my
data etc. works fine. (It has rescued me in the past.)

--

Paul

 Using The Bat! v6.0.10 on Windows 7
6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1

...Money is the root of all evil. Send $30 for more info.