Hi

On Monday 16 June 2014 at 2:17:52 PM, in
<mid:352736560.20140616201...@thebat.net>, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

> In business, they actually are not.

I guess that depends on the people you contact in the course of that
business.

> That's why I asked
> MFPA in my other message just now what business he is
> in: I can imagine that there is still a world out there
> consisting of FORTRAN programmers.

My job is nothing to do with programming in FORTRAN (or any other
language).

The bulk of my work email correspondence is with people who either
work in commercial road haulage or work for the government.

The /italics/ convention perhaps a little geeky. *Bold* and
_underline_ were/are widely used in handwritten notes, so are
understood by most people as an indication of emphasis. (I frequently
use *s in my own handwritten notes, and often see _s in the notes
other people make.)

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-gro...@riseup.net

Pain is inevitable, but misery is optional.

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3