Hello Dirk,

On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 17:16:30 +0200 GMT (01-Jul-14, 22:16 +0700 GMT),
Dirk Zemisch wrote:

> Good afternoon Thomas & TBUDL,

> just now (on 07/01/2014 at 16:47) Thomas commented:

>> On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 16:34:46 +0200 GMT (01-Jul-14, 21:34 +0700 GMT),
>> Luca wrote:

>>> I have many IMAP folders with lots of messages without bodies, just headers.
>>> I'd like to get all bodies, but I can't find other way except for selecting
>>> every single message one by one.

>>> Is there any "get all bodies" command, somewhere? Workarounds?

>> The whole idea of IMAP is that you leave the messages on the server
>> and don't keep them all on your computer. If you want all bodies, I
>> believe POP is better for you.

> No.  IMAP  is also fine for filtering the messages already on the server
> (ONCE!) and not in any client again. For *me* this is the most important
> benefit from IMAP over POP.

Makes sense.

> Especially  when  I  fetch my mails with my mobile I would like to fetch
> only  messages  from  some  folders,  not  all. Using POP I will get all
> messages.

Let me think about that. Those messages that go into the Newsletters
folder in my POP account are not really so urgent that I need to see
them on my phone - server-side filtering does make sense. I never
thought about not subscribing to certain folders.

Makes a lot of sense when data roaming, which I have to do more often
that I'd like to.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

under Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1