Moin, Jack et al.!

> […] The old HP laptop is running Win 7 and the new ASUS is loaded
> with Win 8 or 8.1. Not sure which. […] The last answer to Mike's
> question was the one posted by Thomas Fernandez where Thomas states
> that backing up TB to a safe place, loading the installer on the new
> machine and then when run, apparently the installer will ask if you
> want to restore from backup. So, the questions are these:

> a) Is this the best way to achieve the move?

Yes, I think so, too.

> b) We're both running ver 5.2 and I find that I no longer have the MSI
> file.  The archived versions of TB list TB Home 5.8.8 as the closest
> to 5.2.  Are there any major differences between 5.2 and 5.88?

AFAIK no.

> c) Will my wife's key block work on 5.8.8?

Yes.

> d) Is 5.8.8 going to run in Win 8.

AFAIK yes.

> e) What questions haven't I thought of?

That the second e) must be f). ;-)

> e) Should I just cut my throat now?

Definitely not. ツ

Cheers!
VA

- --
Volker Ahrendt | q...@ahrendt.net | The /\^o^/\! [Pro] 6.6.0.5
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional [Build 7601 – Service Pack 1]
Direct eMail without [The Bat!] in subject line will end in Nirvana!

»You live and learn. At any rate, you live.«

Douglas Adams (* March 11, 1952; † May 11, 2001)