Monday, July 25, 2016, 3:02:14 PM, you wrote:

>> Gmail  breaks  email clients every time you change your IP address.

> Not true, I use Gmail on the laptop that I travel with. I rarely get
> it blocked, but if it happens I am informed that web login is required.

That  is  definitely  breaking  an email client. Why should we need to
start a web browser at all having set up Gmail to use POP?

And  what  is  the  point  of  sending  that error message to an email
address   that   Gmail  blocks  your  email  client  from reading? Why
doesn't it use the recovery address or send an SMS?  The Bat at
least  has  an account log, but not all email clients do or are not as
easy to find.

Adrian