Thursday, September 15, 2016, 12:29:06 AM, you wrote:

> In the new window, you could try:-

>        View | Show message list | Hide

But why does that new window even open at all?

It  happens  for  me  as  well (previously version 7.3.1 but also with
7.3.2). Windows 7 Ultimate is my operating system.

I have two monitors.

I  see the main list and the current message displayed below as normal
on  monitor  1, but  clicking  on  any message in that list opens a new
window on monitor 2 that looks the same, but now with that clicked-on message
shown below.

Strangely, clicking on another message in the list on monitor 2 does NOT open
yet another new
window, but just displays that message below the list as expected.

Adrian