Hi

On Friday 24 February 2017 at 8:11:15 AM, in
<mid:1054459178.20170224101...@ritlabs.com>, Maxim Masiutin wrote:-

> It is The Bat! installer (MSI) that sets up the
> Simple MAPI
> handler.

I had read somewhere that Vista was the last version of Windows that
came with Simple MAPI support.

> Moreover, since Windows Vista, the Windows
> System folder is
> by default protected, so this button would have been
> unable to copy the DLL handler there.

I thought when a application tries to find a DLL it searches in the
current directory before the windows system directory. My The Bat!
program directory contains tbmapi64.dll but TB! does not display the
"Install The Bat! as the simple MAPI request handler" button.

--
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-gro...@riseup.net>

The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.

Using The Bat! v7.4.8.3 (BETA) on Windows 10.0 Build 14393