> Given the thread was three years ago, a description of the issues
> might be useful.

The  issue is just as I had explained in my original thread some years
ago.
Unfortunately TB makes it more difficult to deal with this than
other clients like outlook.

The error message is always like this:

!28/08/2017,  22:03:54: FETCH - TLS handshake failure. The server host
name ("xyz.somewhere.com") does not match the certificate.
 28/08/2017, 22:04:57: FETCH - receiving mail messages
 28/08/2017, 22:04:57: FETCH - Initiating TLS handshake
>28/08/2017,      22:04:57:      FETCH      -     Certificate     S/N:
>7C865050CzzzzzzC83B21132D5C,  algorithm: RSA (2048 bits), issued
>from 3/21/2017 to 6/20/2018 11:59:59 PM, for 1 host(s): www.somewhere.com.au.
>28/08/2017, 22:04:57: FETCH - Owner: www.somewhere.com.au.
>28/08/2017, 22:04:57: FETCH - Issuer: US, GeoTrust Inc., Domain Validated SSL,
>GeoTrust DV SSL CA - G3.
!28/08/2017,  22:04:57: FETCH - TLS handshake failure. The server host
name ("xyz.somewhere.com.au") does not match the certificate.

> Assuming you are using TB!'s internal implementation to manage S/MIME
> and TLS certificates rather than the Windows certificate store, you
> could try the following:-

>     In The Bat!, click the Tools menu on the top of the screen, and
>     select Address Book.
>
>     Click View and select Certificate Address Books.
>
>     Right-click Trusted Root CA and select New Contact from the
>     context menu.
>
>     Type the name of the CA in First name field.
>
>     Select the Certificates tab and click Import....
>
>     Locate the root certificate you downloaded from the CA, then
>     select the file and click Open.
>
>     Once the root certificate is imported, click OK to apply changes
>     and exit the Address Book.

> Or you could see if switching to Windows certificate store (Microsoft
> CryptoAPI) side-steps the issue for you. (If it doesn't, either the
> root certificate needs adding there too, or a missing root certificate
> is not the problem.)

I tried the first suggestion via address book several times but
really  am  not  clear what I need to import there. Is it the geotrust
root  certificate that is missing or do I need to add my new Quick SSL
certificate? I tried both without much happiness.  And how would I
add something to the cryptoAPI?

--
Tom
using TheBat! 4.2.33.9 on 7/64bit