Hello Thomas,

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 you wrote:

TF> Hello Jack,

TF> On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 23:30:55 -0500 GMT (03/09/2017, 11:30 +0700 GMT),
TF> Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

>> Hello Thomas,

>> On Saturday, September 2, 2017 you wrote:

TF>>> Hello Jack,

TF>>> Try this:

TF>>> Contains: onco
TF>>> AND
TF>>> Doesn't match: concord

>> Logically, that looks like it would work. But, what if there's a "concordia"
>> in
>> the email? I hope that's a valid question 'cause I'm so sleepy I'm having
>> trouble keeping my eyes open.

TF> So, onco and concordia should be found, but concord not?

No, as it turns out I'm beginning to realize that there may not be a solution
for this *exact* situation. I actually found the email in question by specifying
a date range (resulting in a much smaller number of hits) and then looking at
all that returned from the search. Examining *that* email I saw that "onco" was
a part of a string something like "oncomedicine". Knowing that, I asked myself
how I could have set up the search parameters to have found only the email which
contained "oncomedicine while still searching only for "onco".

TF> Is  this  a  real-life  question,  or is it theoretical? I am thinking
TF> about a solution.

It was a real-life question, but the solution could/would be used in future
searches.

--
Regards,
Jack LaRosa