Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 02:07:38 -0700
From: phil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Marek Mikus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re[2]: filter problem
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Greetings Marek!

On  Tuesday, June 13, 2000  at  17:52:55 GMT +0200 (which was 8:52 AM where you think
I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

MM> Hello all,
MM> Tuesday, June 13, 2000, Larry Barrett wrote:

>> I  would certainly be grateful for any suggestions. I might add that I
>> use  this same filter pattern in another e-mail client - and it works.
>> It  also  works with The Bat! *most* of the time. My question is - why
>> the inconsistency?

MM> try to cut all text except E-mail address.

MM> for example [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead of "Marek Mikus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Another thing is the order in which the filters are on the list.

My very LAST filter is this  "\*???????????????????????????????????"
It makes everything else that hasn't been filtered go to a
folder called 'INBOX1' (it's just a regular folder like INBOX)
When I add a new filter, I have to move it to the top of the list
again or else this "catch all filter" would send everything to
INBOX1 instead of the respective folders I want.
(I couldn't figure out what the perl syntax for *.*.*.* was, so I just
used "\*?????????????????" because the chances of an email with
????????????????? as the address is zero.  Oh yeah I used a 'NOT
switch' on it.

ie. if ????????????? is _not present_ then send the mail to INBOX1

It hasn't skipped a beat once.

Anyhow, MY advise..The order matters.  Don't overlook it.

Also Once upon a time, someone on the list had the letters "r i t" in
their address or name (maybe someone named ritchard I forget now.), I
must have screwed around for about two hours before I realized why
their mail kept going to the wrong folder. So you got to look
carefully at the existing filters because they can filter exactly what
you tell them, and that might not have been what you wanted.  Just
like ritchards mail was going to my "RITLABS" folder with Stefan etc,

I was wondering who this new programmer at RIT was for a little while.

--
... TB doesn't stand for tuberculosis, it stands for The Bat!
--- The Bat! 1.44 + 98Lite + Revenge of Mozilla II