Hello Tony,

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 17:05:13 +0000 GMT (06-Mar-18, 00:05 +0700 GMT),
Tony Hoare wrote:

> Does anyone know how to find which templates exist and are active?

> You can have a template at the account level, the folder level
> within an account, an address book group and an individual contact.

There  is  a  hierarchy  of  templates.  If you have a template on the
account  level  only,  this  will be used. If you also have one on the
folder level, this will override it. If there is one on the individual
contact, this takes top priority over the others.

I  am not sure about address book groups, as I don't use them. I would
think their hierarchy is between folder and individual contact.

> I need to update the new mail template but I have used it (with
> minor variations) in many folders. Is there a way to find them all?

I use Quick Templates for that. For example, I need to update any
holiday announcements in the templates for my company account, so each
template has the signature as quick template, so only the macro
%companysig is in each indivual template.

Then I only need to update the quick template with the handle
companysig.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.