Hello Chris,

On Wed, 23 May 2018 12:12:17 +0100 GMT (23-May-18, 18:12 +0700 GMT),
Chris Wilson wrote:

> My UK based ISP Zen Internet sent me a nasty e-mail saying a lot of
> Spam mail was emanating from my PC yesterday. I run a legacy TB!
> version v5.8.10 as I am very comfortable with it, but it has never
> knowingly done the following before.

> I had a filter set to forward from my main e-mail account
> "chriswilson.tv" folder to my GMAIL account, so I can read it on my
> phone when out and about. It appears that although any Spam I receive
> at chriswilson.tv is also forwarded to my GMAIL account, this
> particular mail did send, but remained in TB's Outbox. I poll the POP3
> mail server at Zen every three minutes, and apparently every three
> minutes since January this year TB! has attempted to send this Spam
> e-mail. A recent review of mail security at Zen had them challenge
> this with me and it resulted in them stopping my ability to send mail
> through their servers altogether until I could explain what was
> happening with my mail client r PC. An hour or so on the phone to them
> today had me by chance look in the TB! Outbox and see a message sat
> there that was one it was trying to forward to my GMAIL address. I
> quoted the headers and Zen confirmed this was the single e-mail that
> TB! had constantly been trying to push across their servers since
> January!

> Should this have been reflected back with a 500 authorization failure
> by Zen or GMAIL, and even if not should TB! have just kept on trying
> to push it through? Is there a workaround like TB! automatically
> emptying the Outbox every night, and if so, how should I implement
> that please? Thanks ;)

I cannot confirm this; sometimes a mail cannot be sent and then it
won't be sent, and TB! will leave it in the Outbox. In your case, the
mail was sent but it still remained in the Outbox. That is weird.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 8.3