Hi Richard,

Just catching up with emails in this folder, hence the very late response.

You have set up the GMail account in TB! as a POP3 account (not an IMAP4
account).  This means that as TB! has not messages already from this mail
server it will go and download everything in the InBox from start to end,
and that is exactly what you are reporting TB! to be doing.

NOTE:  Be aware that TB!, using its default settings, can then possibly
delete all messages from the mail server (GMail in this case) older than 30
days!!!

I'd not heard of the "recent:" prefix before, and haven't Googled about it,
but I suspect, based on some of the other replies, that it may be an IMAP4
feature.

Hope that helps?

Regards,
Richard L de S Clauson