Hello Chris,

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 15:20:04 +0100 GMT (27-Apr-19, 20:50 +0700 GMT),
Chris Wilson wrote:

> I am happily running a legacy version of TB! but my message base is
> now huge. I was wondering if it is possible to somehow split the
> message base based on date so I keep say the last two year's messages
> in TB!' directory structure, and store older stuff elsewhere, perhaps
> on tape or DVD? Thanks

What I do is I "archive" old messages to other folders. For example, I
name a subfolder "2016" and then move all messages from that year into
that subfolder. This keep each folder with a manageable size. (Make
sure you compact the folders in which the messages were stored
previously.)

If you want to store those messages somewhere else, you create a dummy
account called "Archive". Under Account / Properties / Files &
Directories, you to an external drive or a drive in the cloud (nobody
uses tape or DVD any more). This way, you don't need to keep them on
your computer's harddisk.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.