> If you install TB in the new machine and open TB it will look for a TBK.
> 1) If you want your data in the normal default location just open
> the new install of TB without allowing it to bring over the TBK info
> or setting up any account. That will establish the default data
> directory. Then point TB to your TBK and it will bring over
> everything to the default location.

Dear Richard,

thank you for your assistance. When you refer to the tbk file,
that's  the  backup  files,  right?   I  can  see  my  weekly tbk file
currently is about 9.5gb.   Just checked my schedule and for my
backups I ticked everything under options and all accounts. Will
that include also my templates?

Do you think one or the other method is safer?

--
Tom
using TheBat! 8.8.9 on XP