Hello Thomas,

Saturday, April 11, 2020, 1:19:35 PM, you wrote:

> May I suggest to not download beta versions from any unauthorised
> sites. If you want to use beta versions, please become a member of the
> TBBETA discussion group and downlaod the official betas from the
> Ritlabs website only.

While "do not download unknown binaries" is generally a good advice,
these files were removed from RitLabs website.

One can check if executable is signed, from PS:

$ Get-AuthenticodeSignature .\thebat64.exe

    Directory: C:\Program Files\Bat8

SignerCertificate                         Status       Path
6F03CB38881E1E96784B7F00403CC356BA43A839  Valid        thebat64.exe

or, by right-clicking on the binary and selecting "Properties -->
Digital Signatures".

Lastly, submitting file to https://virustotal.com can shed some light.

--
Regards,