Hello Thomas,

I fixed this problem for a new gmail account. The protocol type on the very
first screen has to be "IMAP or POP" instead of "Auto". That is new. If I leave
that at "Auto", it makes an IMAP account. It used to be the case that you
selected IMAP or POP on the next screen.

What I haven't found yet is what I need to do in The Bat for an existing gmail
POP account to make it work again since Google broke** almost every e-mail
client earlier this year. It is rare that I send mail from a gmail address. I
will create a new account in The Bat when I need it for my other gmail address.
I don't need to actually retrieve gmail in The Bat, I set it up a long time ago
to forward everything arriving at my gmail addresses to an address on my own
domain as "web login required" every so often in the error logs was driving me
crazy.

**Gmail may get broken again as I have started receiving mails with "keep your
phone handy"

Adrian

Monday, October 24, 2022, 5:21:16 AM, Thomas Fernandez ML thomas.f...@gmx.net