On Wednesday, August 30, 2000, 6:37:23 AM, you wrote:

MDP> They are mutually exclusive :-). Either you use special characters for
MDP> simple  logic  or you use regular expressions (which do everything the
MDP> specials do and *then* some) for more complex pattern matching.

A reworded version of the above would be a nice addition to the help
file :-). From the many helpful replies on this list, the concept
behind TB is becoming clear to me.

I assume that the and/or relationship between 'rules' and
'alternatives' also holds when using RE's - true?

An interface thought... If the RE box is checked, the 'rules' and
'alternatives' tabs are replaced by a single RE tab. This might be
more clear and avoid confusion between the two. Also would give a
larger area for complex RE's to be seen and edited.

Thought 2... Would it be possible to use an add-on to do part of
the filtering? I now have a procmail script (not mine) that does a
great job of 'scoring' spam by numeric techniques. It will spot spam,
even when addressed directly to me, perhaps 80-90% of the time. If
this could be included in TB it would be a killer add-on, IMHO. Would
it possible to run perl, or VB, or ??, for example, "inside" TB?

Thanks,
ztrader                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]