On Wednesday, August 30, 2000, 2:48:03 PM, you wrote:

CM> FWIW, I received two copies of this spam, as well ... presumably one
CM> for each of my subscriptions (TBBETA and TBUDL).

I have not received this spam (yet :-). Perhaps it is from the beta
list?

LG>> We'll check the subscribers list, but chances are that they are
LG>> spider botting the list archives. If this is the case, then
LG>> there isn't much that can be done unfortunately.

One suggestion is to remove personal email addresses from the
archives. The *content* is still there, but the spammers would be
foiled. On another list, this was thought to be not too difficult
with a perl script, but I don't use perl, so could not comment on
that.

Just a thought...

ztrader                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]