Here's one to be a little wary of:

 I was trying something a little different and experimental.  To try
it out I made a filter to run an external program, and placed it on
top of the filter stack.  It was set to fire off on receipt of any
message.

Here's the problem.  The file wasn't a "standard" executable and
apparently could not be run from The Bat! and tossed an error message
at me, then casually exited stage left.

This didn't happen until my first message came in. I figured Ok, I'll
just yank the filter till I figure out the trouble.

Here's the BIG problem.  It crashed without deleting the file from the
server since it never got that far along.  I'm set up to check mail on
start up.  So.... it starts up checks, crashes.  I have about 5-7
seconds in which to work.  I'm mousing and keyboard like an addict
looking for a fix trying to get in and delete that filter before the
crash. As I was getting closer and closer (practice makes perfect)
with each try I was finally able to disable the darn thing on the
fifth attempt.

Anyway - something to beware.  Rare though it might be, if you're ever
experimenting don't set it up as a catch all filter without testing as
a specialty one first.

--
ò¸ó Nick [MUA: TB! 1.46 Beta/3]
 Danger  [OS: Win98 4.10 1998]