Hello Mark,

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:12:27 +0100 GMT your local time, which was
Thursday, September 14, 2000, 10:12:27 AM (GMT-6) my local time,

--------------------snip------------------------------
--------------------snip------------------------------
ML>> I check only the latter, which would physically remove deleted
ML>> (including sent) messages. I'm not sure about the former. I know
ML>> it would purge old messages according to certain conditions (keep
ML>> nn messages/keep messages for nn days), but I don't know if it
ML>> would purge unsent messages (not drafts) as well. E.g., if I set
ML>> the Outbox to keep zero message, and auto-purge on exit, then
ML>> would it purge my unsent messages upon exit?

MRH> I just did a quick experiment with this and the answer is yes.

MRH> I wrote this reply, put it in the Outbox, set Outbox prefs to keep 0
MRH> messages, exited TB.

MRH> When TB restarted the message had gone.  Luckily, I did ctrl-paste the
MRH> text into a TextPad temporarily so I didn't have to rewrite this
MRH> message ... before anyone laughs at me!

I just looked at the preferences for my outbox and I have both the
"Remove old messages" and "Compress the folder" boxes checked. The
"keep nn messages/keep messages for nn days" boxes are set to zero. I
frequently leave messages in the outbox simply because I forgot to
send them. They are *not* saved as drafts and always reappear the next
time I start TB!. They *are* sent (without a status change) when I
remember to send them.

Apparently for me, they are purged *only* after they are sent.

--
Sincerely,
Jack LaRosa                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message created 7:10:39 PM  (GMT-6) on Thursday, September 14, 2000

Using The Bat! ver. 1.45 (reg)
under Windows 98  ver.4.10  build 2222  Service Pack  A