On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 08:15:58PM -0500, A . Curtis Martin wrote:
> This is another thing that I have been indicating to you. In windows,
> the basic behaviour of most editors is really standard. This is why
> TB!'s editor is a real 'culture shocker' for those who are used to using
> different editors for various applications.

    That is the Microsoft standard, not /A/ standard.  There is a big
difference.  AFAIK the CUA (a standard) defines what keystrokes do, not editor
behavior.  There is a difference.

> She hasn't really touched on any advanced features as such.

    Free caret I considered advanced.

> She has been complaining about basic cursor movements and responses and
> behaviour.  Trying to type paragraphs etc. For windows, cursor behaviour is
> pretty standard.

    Again, it is not a standard.  That is what I said.  There is no standard
and I do not the take the "Microsoft is right" standard as one since it isn't
published and can change on a whim.