Hello, the Bat! list recipients,

Friday, September 22, 2000, Syafril Hermansyah wrote to Gary about
Recalling Mail:

SH> Hello Gary,

SH> Responding  to  your  article  on Thu, 21 Sep 2000 at 10:03:58 GMT -0500
SH> (which was 21/09/2000 22:03 GMT +0700 my Local Time) :

G>>  I remember seeing somewhere, where it was possible to recall mail
G>>  that you have just sent, and have heard that some MUAs have this
G>>  capability.  Can this be done?  Does it work?

SH> No, at least if you're using SMTP/POP Protocol.

SH> Some  proprietary  Mail  Server  can do this, such MS Exchange Server or
SH> Lotus  Notes/Domino  as  far  as all message (for all user) store on the
SH> server, and they use their own (proprietary) protocol.

OE  does  it  by  sending  next  message  with  instructions to delete
previous  one.  If  recipient  uses  OE  also and didn't see the first
message until second arrived he will never see the first one.

Oleg Zalyalov.                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Using The Bat! version 1.46d
  under Windows NT 4.0 Build 1381 Service Pack 6