Hello Susanne,

On  Saturday, September 23, 2000  at  18:53:04 GMT -0700 (which was 6:53 PM
where I live) witnesses say Susanne typed:

> Hi TBUDL,

>   is there a way to search for messages under two different
>   criteria with the message search?
>   For example under Sender *and* a subject?

Not simply.  But I'm glad you brought this up.  It has been annoying
me as well.  What I would like to see is the filters and the find
utility grow more similar.  The filters are extremely versatile in
terms of defining search criteria.  I would love to see the Find
utility take some lessons from the filter definition dialogues.

So as I was saying about not simply.  I think you could use some sort
of regular expression.  First find out what fields are in what order
in most messages.  In your message, From comes before Subject.  So a
regexp could look like the following:

(?im)^From.*address.*$(^.*$)*^Subject.*subject.*$
                 replace with real fields

 Ok, I'm trying this and it is not working.  I guess I'll need to work
 on it some more (any ideas would be appreciated).

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Using The Bat! 1.47 Beta/3