Hello Thomas,

On Mittwoch, 27. September 2000 at 17:04:31 you wrote:

> If you mean you are looking for a button that makes TB ignore the
> "check mail every xxx minutes" setting, then it is clear.

That's what I and Charly Turner are looking for.

> I fail to see the logic though. If there are 100+ messages on the
> server, it doesn't matter whether I download them now and read them
> later, or download them later, when I want to read them.

Here you lost me. I'll try again. :-) Let me give you an example.

I already have the 100 messages in my TBUDL-folder. While I am reading
for example the 60th message a new message arrives and is sorted in as
10th message. If some of the messages around it are still marked
unread, because I wasn't interested in the subject, the new message
#10 would hide itself inbetween there. After finishing reading the 100
messages I usually mark them all and trash them. The new arrived
message is gone, too, without me noting that.

That's why I don't want any additonal mails to be put in the folder
while I am reading the ones I have.

so lomg
Tobias

--
Tobias Wrede

Using The Bat! 1.46c on Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what
the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and
be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. - There is
another which states that this has already happened.
(from Douglas Adams: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)