Hi Peter,

<snipped>

PS> (?s)#.*~
PS> should do it.

It does indeed.  Thanks for the solution.  Unfortunately as I earlier
wrote Januk (elsewhere in this thread), I also need to be able to
extract the text once found and place it into a reply.  I can do this
with a single line (using %REGEXPTEXT and RE's), but I'm speculating
that multiple lines throw a wrench into the works.

<snipped>

PS> BTW: finding the RegExp help topics is tricky, because there is no
PS> link in the help index. Use the Find command in help and look for
PS> "Regular expressions syntax"

The section certainly alerted me to the power of RE's, but for someone
coming in stone cold it was of limited help.  Time to crack the book.

PS> HTH

A great deal, thanks again!

 Arnie