This morning (after months of successful use) I experienced a substantial
problem with The Bat.

The Bat worked just fine for months, until I defragmented my hard drive
yesterday. Can anybody shed some light on this?

This message was displayed this morning:

                "Exception Eaddress violation in module THEBAT.EXE at 0018F5B7.
                Access violation at address 005907FB. Read of address FFFFFFFF. "

I attempted a reinstall and then a (new) install in a different directory
and finally I think I have it working, but I am not yet able to get access
to my existing mail folders and messages. (Fortunately, I have been
carefully backing them up.)

At this point the solution seems to be a matter of adding that original
User (and folders) as a new User I have created in the new installation of
The Bat. (Or just choosing the "old" User instead of the new one.)

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thank you.

David Austen