Hello Andrew,
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:26:35 +0100 GMT your local time,
which was Friday, October 20, 2000, 09:26:35 (GMT+0100) (BST) my local time,

Andrew wrote:
A> Not using a modem, I'm on a network.  I can be downloading a load
A> of other things at the same time without having the same problems.

So how does this network connect to the internet? I'd agree with Allie
on the purge and compress idea. Also are you downloading the mail from
an internal or external server? Do you have any Virus Scanners looking
at you mail?

--
 Jamie Dainton
 On Friday, October 20, 2000 at 11:40:08