On Saturday, October 21, 2000, 3:17:24 PM, Britta wrote:

>> BTW, Britta, I found all your messages coming in broken with the
>> original threads. I know this is because you're a digest
>> subscriber. Since you're actively participating in discussions,
>> may I suggest you to switch to regular subscription so your
>> follow-ups would come along in the right place?

>  good point - I had noticed myself that I seem to be way behind all
>  the time ... I'm just wondering how you all cope with the volume of
>  mail on this list! :)

Does the digest give you less to read? (I've no idea what a digest
is like, and I've always assumed it just combines all the mail in
one long message.) I read mail at my leisure time (whenever I want
to get a break from my work). Hence individual messages are in fact
more convenient and easier to copy with, for at any given time
there're only a couple of them. Moreover, most, if not all, users on
the three TB lists are using TB, so the messages are well-threaded,
making it easy to ignore a thread that don't interest me (yes, I
miss the "Ignore" function in newsreaders, but at least I can mark a
thread read easily).

>  I know I couldn't cope with it on a regular sub basis - so I'll just
>  shut up for a while<g> and go into lurk mode.

I certainly didn't mean that. :( Your participation is welcome
regardless what subscription mode you're in.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/7 | Win2k SP1