Hello Karin,

On  Tue, 24 Oct 2000  at  19:16:14 GMT +0200 (which was 10:16 AM
where I live) witnesses say Karin Spaink typed:

>> so if we highlight them, they can become a pain in the eye
>> because they are very distractive.

> Most other software for mail and news applies the principle
> of highligthed urls no matter whether they are original or
> quoted, and I've never seen complaints about distraction or
> illegibility.

The only thing I would add is, perhaps there is a difference between
an active link and a highlighted link?  I don't know how the parsing
routine is handled in TB, but just because a link is active does not
mean that it *must* be a different colour than the surrounding text.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Using The Bat! 1.47 Beta/7