I've found two minor annoyances when importing addresses into TB from
a tab-delimited file.  I import only three fields from my database:
first name, last name, and email address.

First annoyance: TB uses the first record in my file to determine
which fields from my file should be matched with fields in the address
book. But then, it does not import the first record. It imports all
the rest, but omits the first. I'm forced to create a fake first
record in my database to allow TB to use it to line up fields so that
all other records will be imported. Why won't TB include the first
record of my file?

Second annoyance: if a field in my tab-delimited file is blank (which
frequently happens with businesses which don't have a first name), TB
moves everything else up so that the last name is put in the first
name field and the email address is put in the last name field, with
the email address left blank. Then I have to manually adjust the
fields in the address book. The only workaround I've thought of, but
haven't tried, is to reverse the field order when I export to the
tab-delimited file so that the email address is first, the last name
is second, and the first name is last. But this seems awfully clumsy
to me--aside from the fact that I'd never remember to do it the first
time. Why can't TB recognize a blank field and skip it?

Neither of these is critical, but they are annoying.

Mike Greenbaum
--
JANUS BOOKS, LTD.
Post Office Box 40787