( "A. Curtis Martin") [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

-- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

See what I mean..

ACM> On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 07:07:39 -0500, Brian Clark wrote these
ACM> comments about 'Macros (Regexp): Two questions.':

BC>> I'm a new user; I'm waiting on my key to get mailed to me :-) and I
BC>> must say this client rocks.

ACM> Indeed it does and welcome to TBBETA. :=)

Why beta? :-) You mean my client or this list? I noticed there was a
Beta list, but I thought this was the plain 'ol users' list..

Nevertheless, thanks!

BC>> Can anyone tell me if there is a variable that holds just the initials
BC>> (or whatever is chosen for the quoted text -- be it initials or first
BC>> name, etc.). If I have Initials chosen, and I replied to my own e-mail,
BC>> I'd get BC> for the quotes prefix.

ACM> Well, you can either do it globally via the account properties default
ACM> reply template properties or you can do it selectively with the
ACM> %Quotestyle macro.

Yep. That's where I've been modifying it (the global default reply),
but I have other custom ones already for specific people and the this
isn't even officially "registered" yet. Heheh.. Wondering when the key
is gonna get here..

BC>> I've tried returning the value of %QUOTESTYLE but it's always empty.
BC>> :\

ACM> Firstly, the %Quotestyle macro *must* precede the %quotes macro in your
ACM> reply template. If you place it after the %quotes macro, it will not
ACM> work.

Yep, I've tried that (see the first line of this mail), but it's void.

I figured *maybe* %Quotestyle would be set to the default (Ie. BC)
unless I modified it, but that wasn't the case. :\

ACM> The next, is that to produce initials, you use "I", i.e.,
ACM> %QUOTESTYLE="I"

Yep, done this, but I *do* I like the way TB! does the work. The thing
is that I don't know how to copy the prefix it uses in %Quotes into
the first line -- the (BC == "Brian Clark") part.

I've tried this, with no effect:

%QUOTESTYLE="I"
(%QUOTESTYLE == "%TONAME") %TOADDR writes:
%Cursor
%Quotes

And I've tried this:

(%QUOTESTYLE == "%TONAME") %TOADDR writes:
%Cursor
%Quotes

I also noticed that TB!'s initials it uses for users with no
"Firstname Lastname <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" format, only
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is:

eac>

As in e = email, a = address, c = com

Which is about the point I said `to heck with this' and wanted to find
out where TB! stores it's values for %Quotes.

ACM> See the help on this:

ACM> QUOTESTYLE=”expression” - specify the quotation sign prefix used after
ACM>                         this macro. Expression can be any of the following:

ACM>                         NONE - use an empty prefix (a standard)
ACM>                         I - use initials of the sender of the original message

ACM>                         IF - use the first initial of the sender of the

%QUOTESTYLE=”=-|”

BC>> I'm trying to get something along the lines of (when replying):
BC>> (BC == "Brian Clark") [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: To do that,
BC>> I've been hacking various versions of this:

ACM> You don't need a regex macro to do that. :=)

Then let me know what works please... :-P

:-)

-Brian