(JR == "Jan Rifkinson") [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

JR> Hi Brian,

Howdy!

JR>   On Saturday, November 18, 2000 @ 07:07:39 -0500 you wrote
JR>   the following in regards to Macros (Regexp): Two
JR>   questions.:

JR>    I am a new user as well but this functon I know about. Look @
JR>    the default reply template & you will see quote options for
JR>    none, initials, first name, last name, first initial or full
JR>    name.

BC>> I've tried returning the value of %QUOTESTYLE but it's always empty. :\

JR>     When using %QUOTESTYLE you have to include a value such
JR>     as %QUOTESTYLE="I". You can find these values in help ->
JR>     find "quotestyle" yields "templates". Scroll down the
JR>     template values & you will find the %QUOTESTYLE values.

Yep, the posts are a little behind because the server is quite a ways
away I'd imagine (for me, anyway) ;-)

I've tried added $QUOTESTYLE="I" as the first line, then returning
($QUOTESTYLE == etc etc..) with no effect. It's always empty..

BC>> [...] When I reply to a thread, the portions of the
BC>> quoted text that are void of characters do not have the
BC>> prefix in front of them. [...] Ie.:

JR>     If I understand this correctly, %QUOTESTYLE *will* add
JR>     the prefix to all lines of text that you select or all
JR>     text if you choose to reply to the entire post.

Yep, $Quotestyle does just what you see in this email. it works, but
the first line is what I'm having trouble with.

Since you have Jan Rifkinson before your email address, my little
macro picks it up correctly, but otherwise, it's a coin toss. ;-)

(Still looking for a fix, btw)

I also have to do something about the [2]'s, [3]'s. etc. that appear
after Re in threads.

I know it seems like I'm bugged by TB!, but I really do love this mail
client, FWIW. ;-)

-Brian