Hi there!

>> how do I get my messages and email addresses off of hotmail and onto the bat.
>>  I'm having trouble fining their pop3 address.

JA> You can
JA> find the message in the archives at:
JA> http://www.mail-archive.com/tbudl@thebat.dutaint.com/msg15604.html
JA> It is extremely well written.  [Angel: Thanks for the great list!]

Thanks... :)

I WILL add that while no POP3 email program such as TheBat!, Eudora et
al. can download Hotmail emails in and of themselves, it CAN be done using
a 3rd party program called Web2Pop. Outlook Express *can* access Hotmail, but
it does it in a manner different than TB! using Web2Pop, which allows TB!
to access Hotmail as if it were a non-webbased email account.

Web2Pop can be found at: http://www.jmasoftware.com . It is shareware,
but having used it for months and registering it, I can honestly vouch
for it...and with as many email accounts as I have, business related
and otherwise, it sure saves me time and effort. We have it set up to work
with TB! and M$ Outlook (*not* "Outlook Express") and it works fine.

If anyone needs help setting up Web2Pop, they can drop me
an email.. I would be glad to assist. :)

You did mention "Softhome"'s forwarding: my better-half uses his
Softhome account as the recipient of approx. 5 forwarded email accounts
(I use it strictly as POP3) and thus far has had no problem with it.
They are delivered almost instantly...Softhome has been one of THE most
reliable and efficient of all Free POP3 Email services we have bumped
into over the years. :) I may add that their SMTP works wonders as
well. Meaning, we can use their SMTP server from TB! no matter what
ISP we are connected to. This helps a LOT, as anyone who's changed
ISPs and has numerous accounts in their Email client can tell you that
changing the SMTP settings can be a pain-in-the-rear. So Softhome's
services, overall, is an A+++ in my own opinion. :)

I apologize for the lateness of this reply....hope this helps :D

--
Regards,
~~~Angel   Your RDR :)

Tuesday, November 21, 2000 7:59:17 AM
-={+}=-Senza fiduccia niente-={+}=-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TheBat! 1.47 Halloween Edition
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.ritlabs.com