Hello everybody,
      Thanks to all for your efforts.  It turned out to be, as usual,
      a combination of my inability to see the obvious, and a
      peculiarity of the Bat.  I had added an address to the address
      book from a message in which the address was surrounded by angle
      brackets.  The Bat, in its infinite wisdom ADDS angle brackets
      to the e-mail address when it is put into the TO field from the
      address book.  Hence, the result is an invalid address which
      will not send.  Removed the extraneous brackets and all is well.

 John
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

North Bay Webs
Complete Internet Solutions for Small Business
http://www.northbaywebs.com

ICQ Number: 11683098

Thomas> Hallo John,

Thomas> On Mon, 4 Dec 2000 08:10:40 -0800 GMT (05/12/2000, 00:10 +0800 GMT),
Thomas> John Sherman wrote:

JS>> I'm trying to send a message with a jpeg file attached, but it gets
JS>> stuck in the outbox and there seems to be nothing I can do to get it
JS>> sent.

Thomas> I had this problem with one SMTP server (I have legal access to a few)
Thomas> and the problem stopped when I started using another one.

JS>> This happens only on one of my accounts, so I suspect it must have
JS>> something to do with the configuration of that account, although I've
JS>> been through every configuration option I can find, and I can see no
JS>> difference from any other account.

Thomas> Do your different accounts use different SMTP servers?