On Friday, December 22, 2000, 5:28:28 AM, swen2222222 wrote:

> First, sometimes when I check my mailaccount, I receive for
> example 20 mails, but only 5 of them are "normal", the rest
> consists only of totaly empty mails with a size of 0 bytes.

Do you leave mail on the servers? If you do, you may use the mail
dispatcher to see if they're indeed 0 byte messages.

> Second is that when I installed The BAT, I had Staroffice on my
> HD. Now everytime I want to open a hyperlink in a message with a
> doubleclick, the BAT uses Staroffice with its integrated
> browser(which isn't very good and which takes a long time to
> load...). I already checked all options of the BAT and also in
> Staroffice, but couldn't find anything helpfull. Even
> deinstallation of staroffice only causes the BAT to ask for the
> missing link to C:/.../staroffice.exe. Has anybody experienced the
> same problem(s)? Could anybody please help me with this??

I guess the default url handler in your system is lost. There are
several ways to cure it. The easiest way may be, launch your
browser, go to options (preferences), and check an option that
enables it to check if its the default browser at startup. Then
close the browser, and restart it. It should find it's no longer the
default browser, and ask to repair it. Let it does that, and
everything should be back to normal.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.48f | Win2k SP1