On Thursday, December 21, 2000, 12:53:56 PM, Bob wrote:

> We use TB v1.41 and got hit with the MTX virus twice in the past
> month.  The person who handles email for my company has been
> trained not to open attachments, and she claims she has never done
> so.

Is she the only one in your company having access to email? Is TB
implemented company-wide? Anyone could have double clicked on the
virus attachment and infect the whole network. And some employee not
enamor (or simply not familiar) with TB might have installed his/her
own email clients. In that case, even double clicking might not be
necessary.

If she is indeed the only one who could have touched the message
(with the virus), and TB is the only email client she uses, then she
must have double clicked (or press entered) on the virus attachment
unknowingly. Be gentle to her, and promise her she won't be fired,
and she might thought of something. :)

As a suggestion to RIT, I think it might be a good idea to be able
to optionally record attachment launching events in the log.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.48f | Win2k SP1