Hello Kari & other fellow TB! Users following this interesting and
unusual thread,

Friday, December 22, 2000,  you stated regarding sending and
resending a message is a bug or not:

KJ> But I don't want this behaviour! It was out of unconciousness.
KJ> I hit the send button, did something else, checked back, saw the
KJ> message still in the outbox, cursed it, hit send again - and pop! 2
KJ> times the same message on TBUDL. :-(

The cure to unconsciousness would seem to be consciousness; i.e.,
waking up. Alternatively, you could look for an ISP with a faster
connection &/or less traffic.

KJ> Maybe this instruction should not be obeyed by TB!

In that case Kari, what we need is a version of TB! capable of
reading the mind of the user and even compensating for that when his
or her mind isn't made up.

Please do let me know if this happens again, and I'll be happy to
remind you that the message is already being sent.

When when of mine hangs up on sending, I cancel it and resend it
(but just once - I may try a couple of times, but only alter
canceling the ongoing one first. If that doesn't do it, I try using
a different smtp server for sending. I may change accounts to do
that (right click on the bottom border of the editing window, second
block from the right).

Sometimes the connection just doesn't work, and I go off line and
then back on again. Other times, I may have to reboot. And still
others, either use a different ISP or try later, after the problem
(excess traffic or a server problem) has been resolved.

The main thing, is never despair, and never give up. Hang in there
and maintain your composure.

Douglas