Hallo Ming-Li,

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 06:25:54 -0800 GMT (22/12/2000, 22:25 +0800 GMT),
Ming-Li wrote:

>> Which was the exact setting you refer to when you said that TB will
>> remember the password "for this session only"? For me, TB either
>> remembers permanently (if I so wish), or not all.

ML> That's the old behavior. Now if you don't have the option mentioned
ML> above checked, and you leave the password field empty in the account
ML> properties, TB would prompt, but just once. If you check the "update
ML> account data" option at this time, TB would write the password into
ML> the account properties (shown as a series of *). If you don't check
ML> the option, the password field in account properties remains empty,
ML> but TB doesn't ask anymore. At least that's how it behaves here.

I confirm this on my home machine. Weird the office machine seems to
have worked differently.

I also confirm the bug: If you do *not* tick the "do not store"
tickmark, TB will remember the password across sessions.

HCI remark: "do not store"... didn't we have a thread some time ago
about negative sentences to be confirmed? Should this be a "store
the..." dialogue, where the default could be ticked or not, depending
on the developers taste?

And I second the motion that this choice should be on the first
window, not only visible on the second, deeper, window.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

In a Rhodes tailor shop: Order your summers suit. Because is
big rush we will execute customers in strict rotation.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.48f
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM